All full stations and 100 days licensors are able to deliver FETAC Accredited Training locally through Craol. Two new courses have been developed by Craol. Registration Details of regional CPD events to rollout these courses in January, February and March 2013 have just been sent to stations.
From January 2013, Craol offers
- Level 3 Media Expression (NEW!)
- Level 4 Community Radio Skills (New Common Award Course based on old "Community Radio" Course).
Craol provides station based trainers who are contracted to Craol, with all training material (lesson plans, assessment briefs, marking schemes, handouts, course descriptions) and manages the Quality Assured Certification process. This makes it easy for member stations to deliver Accredited training locally to develop skills, fulfill their mission and generate revenue.
There will be 4 Regional CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Event to equip trainers with the knowledge to deliver these courses.
WHERE ARE THE CPDs ON?
24-25th January Chapelizod, Dublin (West County Hotel).
20th-21st February Tipperary (tbc)
27th-28th February Claremorris (tbc)
13th-14th March Dublin (tbc)
Numbers are limited to a max 20 people per CPD.
There are 2 dates in Dublin. Where the numbers exceed 20 persons for the 24-25th January Date. Priority for the first Dublin event will be given to those trainers delivering courses in February 2013.
Please note: The last 3 dates are awaiting approval by the BAI of the 2013 Craol Budget expected in January.
Day 1 is for NEW Trainers only and deals with how to deliver the Level 4 Community Radio Skills Course as well as how to set up and run courses, use materials etc.
Day 2 is for both NEW and CURRENT Trainers and deals with the Level 3 Media Expression Course. Current trainers will also receive a specific briefing at the end of Day 2 on Transition from the old level 4 to the new.
Day 1 runs from 11am-5.30pm. Day 2 runs from 10am-5pm with new trainers finishing at 4pm on Day 2.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- NEW trainers who the station intends to get to deliver CRAOL FETAC Accredited Training in 2012. These trainers must have a training qualification (incl. pending certification) either through Craol or elsewhere.
- As it is a 2 day event for new trainers, accommodation and dinner will be provided as requested.
- A Trainer Contract (ATTACHED) countersigned by the Station must be received by Craol one week in advance for each New Trainer.
- CURRENT Trainers who have previously delivered the Level 4 in Community Radio should attend Day 2 only.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The CPD training is provided at NO COST and ACCOMODATION & MEALS are provided free of charge. Stations are responsible for their own travel arrangements
HOW DO WE REGISTER
Registration is by station. Each station registers all the trainers attending from that station. An invitation has been sent to each fully licenced and 100 day station who are aske to send only those trainers who will be delivering Craol FETAC Accredited Training in 2013 on behalf of their station as the event is very FETAC focussed.
Click here for ALL events