Phoenix FM in Dublin 15 are currently inviting applications from competent individuals for the position of Station Development and Promotion Officer.
This is a full time position with repsonsibilities in the areas of a. fundraising and grants, b. programming, c. promotion/marketing/communication and d. training.
The successful candidate will report to the Station Manager and work to support the station manager in all aspoects of the daily operations Phoenix FM with particular emphasis on income generation, programming and raising the Station's profile in the Community.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To ensure the station meets its income generation goals
- To identify, lead out on and assist in preparation of grant applications and reports for funding bodies
- To identify new funding opportunities, lead out on and organise income generation activities, including sponsorship and advertising
Programming & technical
- Coordinate programming to ensure Phoenix FM’s compliance with BAI licence, its stated programme policy and its Community Services Programme obligations whilst complying with current broadcast legislation
- To ensure that station broadcasts according to approved programme schedule
- To assist in developing new programmes with an emphasis on community access and participation
- To ensure Sound and Vision and other documentaries are produced and broadcast according to pre-agreed standards, meet deadlines outlined in delivery schedule and broadcast in due course
- To oversee the maintenance and appropriate use of all station’s facilities and equipment.
- To oversee the development of outside broadcast facilities
- Put in place policies and practices to ensure optimum quality signal and broadcast at all times.
Communication and Promotion
- Organise and lead communications agenda
- Prepare and circulate press-releases and other publicity materials
- Ensure effective promotion and marketing is in place
Ensure that training is delivered to volunteers and community as required
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Manager, in pursuit of Phoenix FM’s goals and objectives.
- Maintain a pledge of confidentiality regarding information held concerning the business affairs of Phoenix FM
Candidates must have 2+ yrs relevant experience; good communication skills, good written and verbal abilities; report-writing skills, ability to multi-task, work to deadlines, work as part of a team; knowledge and understanding of community/voluntary sector; experience in community media will be an advantage. Salary for this position is €17.5K basic plus a commission structure.
This position is supported by POBAL (Community Services Programme). Applications from the following categories are particularly welcome: unemployed persons in receipt of unemployment benefit, unemployment assistance or one parent family payment; persons in receipt of disability allowance/benefit, invalidity pension or blind persons pension; travellers in receipt of unemployment benefit or unemployment assistance or one parent family benefit; stabilised and recovering drug misusers; people employed from Community Employment and Job Initiatives schemes. Successful candidate will be asked to fill in CSP Employment Eligibility form.
Apply by email only with your CV and Covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 7th August 2012.
Shortlisting will apply.
Click here for ALL events