In this section, you can gain access to all the material generated by Craol events. This include proceedings, presentations, online videos, and podcasts. Craol will be expanding this material in the coming months so do check back for material from older events. Follow Craol on Twitter - http://twitter.com/CRAOL to get updates.
Occassionally, where materials are restricted to members, such material is marked and is available as appropriate through Craol Resource Bank or Programme Exchange as indicated.
CRAOL Conference 2010, Croke Park 18th June 2010
- Final Conference Programme including Speaker Biographies and Running Order available here
- Conference Brochure available here.
- Steve Buckley President of the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters, AMARC Mp3 Audio file
- Anne O'Brien NUI Maynooth "Empowerment through Participation: Overview of Drivers of Change - BAI funded research into Community Radio" PowerPoint Presentation Mp3 Audio file
- Michael O'Keeffe BAI "The Broadcasting Authority and Community Radio" Powerpoint Presentation Mp3 Audio file
- Niamh Farren AONTAS "Community Radio Stations: Learning Sites" Powerpoint Presentation Mp3 Audio file
- Kevin Moran Pobal "Community Radio: serving communities through the CSP" Powerpoint Presentation Mp3 Audio file
- Deirdre Garvey The Wheel "Challenges facing the Community & Voluntary Sector and how Community Radio can help to meet them" Powerpoint Presentation Mp3 Audio file
- Bob Collins Chairman of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland Mp3 Audio file
Craol Sound and Vision Workshop Galway May 28th 2010
The workshop was held to review member station engagement with the Sound and Vision programme, share experiences and issues that members are having, and to look at the new Community criteria under the Sound and Vision II Scheme. Proceedings from the workshop are captured as a series of short Audio files.
- Ciarán Kissane (BAI) addresses the Sound and Vision workshop Mp3 Audio file
Please note: Other material from the workshop is made available as AUDIO DOWNLOADS via the password restricted audio area fully licenced stations and those offered a contract in principle. These AUDIO DOWNLOADS include:
- Ciarán Kissane (BAI) engages in a Q&A session with the Sound and Vision workshop
- Sources of funding for Community Radio Stations
- Review of Successful and returned Sound and Vision applications
- Different station's Sound and Vision application styles and approaches
- Panel Discussion about Radio Drama and Sound and Vision with a panel of; Ciarán Murray (Near fm), Emma Mc Dermot (ICR fm) and Ciarán Ryan (Raidio Corca Baiscinn)
- The new parameters and Community Assessment Criteria under Sound and Vision 2
- Panel answer questions about different Sound and Vision topics
- How to use the Programme Exchange and Resources
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to these.